December 2007: Married
January 2008: Starting TTC actively (never been on birth control)
January – November 2008: Lots of OPKs and sex fests. Result? A whole lotta nothing.
November – December 2008:
- CD3 tests: FSH=4.7, Prolactin=13.3, Estradiol=58
- CD21, Thyroid, HSG: all tests normal
- Husband SA x 2: normal
January 2009: went to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist
- given “unexplained infertility” diagnosis
- told to start with combination of Clomid and IUI as treatment
February 2009: Clomid cycle #1 (no IUI)
- CD11 ultrasound: only one mature follice, 5mm polyp and a thin lining. oh boy.
- Hcg trigger
- No IUI this cycle due to conflicting vacation plans
- “relaxed” on vacation like every person on the street tells me to do but…ha! guess what? no baby
March 2009: Femara/IUI cycle #1 – RE switches me to Femara in hopes of preventing thinning of uterine lining
- CD10 ultrasound: two follicles 14mm each in each ovary, 6mm lining but Dr. says it’s ok for where the follicles are in maturation. Polyp “unnoticeable”.
- CD14 ultrasound: follicles grown to 20mm and 18mm. 10mm lining. Looking good for IUI.
- CD15 positive OPK
- CD16 IUI#1: after prep, 37.7MM motile, progression 4, motility 89%
- 14dpiui: got my period. it’s a motherfucking bust.
April 2009: Going on vacation – drug free, IUI free, pretend I’m a normal person month.
- still did the deed during ovulation but of course the result? BFN.
May 2009: Femara/IUI Cycle #2 and also got laid off from my job
- CD11 ultrasound: four 11-12mm follicles, one giant 18.5mm follicle with 8mm lining. Overstimmed? Might be due to Chinese herbs I was taking during follicular stage. Will stop herbs for this stage next time.
- CD13: positive OPK
- CD14: IUI#2: after prep, 105.84MM motile, progression 3, motility 90%
- 14dpiui: spotting
- 15dpiui: AF has definitely arrived. Shitballs.
June 2009: Femara/IUI Cycle #3; decided to pick up running again but only up until the IUI.
- CD11 ultrasound: 18mm, 17mm, 14.4mm and 2x10mm on the left, 2x10mm on the right with 6mm lining. RE says there should be 3 viable follicles. No herbs.
- CD14: positive OPK
- CD15: IUI#3: after prep, 39.74MM with 92% motility, progression of 3
- RE says that I should not take any form of Femara any more due to chest pains side effect.
- June 23: consultation with RE. He says injectables is probably a waste of time. Go straight to IVF after this. Or do lap if I feel that it’s necessary – but recommends against it as it is likely not needed if we decide to go the IVF route.
- 11dpiui: BFN with First Response Rapid Results but duh, you’re not supposed to test with this pregnancy test until the first day of your missed period. Inconclusive pregnancy test result.
- 14dpiui: period. Another failure.
July 2009: break and preparation for IVF
- July 6: attend mandatory IVF info session
- July 9: saline sonogram (uterus) reveals the now 7mm polyp again – still there. RE recommends that we remove it via hysteroscopy
- July 29: got call from clinic that IVF has been authorized.
- July 31: 15dpo ~ period. 19th failure. Almost at 20!
August 2009: prep for IVF
- August 1: start BCPs and antibiotics in prep for IVF cycle.
- August 7: hysteroscopy to remove 7mm polyp.
- RE gives us results from Krueger’s Sperm Analysis: 4% morphology?????? Normal range says 14%. Need more info from RE.
- August 22: start daily shots of 10 units of Lupron in p.m.
September 2009: IVF#1 to IUI#4
- September 4: start 2 follistim, 1 menopur, and 5 units of Lupron in p.m.
- September 7: drop down to 1 follistim, 1 menopur (cont. Lupron)
- September 12: RE recommends converting IVF to IUI due to dominant follicle development (3 dominant follicles)
- September 14: IUI#4
- September 28 (14dpiui): BFP, Beta=382
- October 1 (17dpiui): Beta=1867
- October 19 (7 weeks): two sacs, two heartbeats!
- Baby A: 9mm 127/min (6w6d)
- Baby B: 12mm 147/min (7w1d)